- For the best experience, view the course using Chrome or Safari on a desktop computer. You should not have to modify settings or install add-ins for the course to function properly on these browsers.
- If you use Firefox or Internet Explorer/Edge to view the course, ensure that Flash is installed and enabled. The course will not run correctly if Flash is missing/disabled. View instructions for enabling Flash.
- Do not view using Private Browsing or Incognito options when viewing the course as your progress may not be saved.
- The course can be completed on a tablet or smartphone. You should use your device in landscape orientation for the best layout presentation. The site navigation on these devices will be slightly different than what is presented in the video tutorial, but all the learning content and interactive components will be available to you.
If you experience issues viewing or accessing the course, try the following:
- Ensure you are logged in to the DeafTEC LMS website (there will be a “My Account” link in the upper right side of the screen).
- Update your browser to the latest version (click here for instructions).
- Delete your browser cache (click here for instructions).
- Try a different browser. Chrome and Safari are the recommended browsers.
- Try enabling cookies in your browser (click here for instructions).
- For devices that use Flash, install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player:
- For Windows 8 and later, install the latest Windows updates to get the latest Flash Player version.
- For Windows 7 and earlier, install the latest Flash Player version here.
Why won’t the next button work?
- Make sure you have completed all tasks on that page (including watching videos). Click the ? icon for a reminder on instructions. If there are no tasks to complete, wait a bit longer to click the next button. Some pages do not let you proceed until all tasks are completed and/or a certain time has passed to ensure you learn all content before proceeding.
Why can’t I skip ahead to another topic?
- Since the learning builds upon itself, we want you to follow the course in a pre-determined sequence. Once you complete each module, you are able to return to the module and look at the lessons in any order.
I had to stop the course and return back later. Why is it making me go back to content I already looked at?
- The Learning Management System (LMS) website will remember the last lesson (left side menu item) that you finished. The LMS website does not remember what page you were on in a lesson. If you did not finish a lesson, the LMS will bring you back to the beginning of the lesson so that you complete that lesson start-to-finish. Also when you return to a lesson it will start you back at the beginning again.
I do not see video controls.
- If you are using Firefox and the video controls are not visible, visit https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1093772 for instructions on how to correct it.
How do I download my certificate?
- Your certificate will be available after you complete all five modules. A new section will appear on the top of the Modules list. Click the button to view/download your PDF certificate.
How do I claim and share my digital badge?
- After you complete all five modules, you will be emailed a link to your digital badge. This email will come from “DeafTEC via Credly (email@example.com)”, so if you do not see it within about 15 minutes, check your spam folder. The email will contain a link to the Credly website where you can save your badge and share it to your social networks or your website. A free Credly account is required to collect and share your badge.